If we all knew that bacon can solve all problems, we would certainly have world peace.
OK. Maybe not, but it sure would make a lot of people happy.
I made these for my friend @AmBeingFrank, since he hates pastries with sugar. My cupcakes don’t faze him at all.
I can’t remember who tweeted me this recipe: Bacon and Onion Biscuits, but I sure am glad they did!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 tablespoons milk, if desired
How to cook
- Heat oven to 220 c.
- Place baking parchment onto flat baking tray, or spray the tray with cooking spray.
- Cook your bacon and onion in a separate pan until crispy and brown. Drain any excess oil and leave to cool for a moment.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a separate bowl. Stir in cooled bacon mix, and add in whipping cream until soft dough forms.
- If necessary, add in the milk, a tablespoon at a time.
- Using a spoon, scoop out drops of dough and drop them about 3 inches apart on parchment. Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake about 13 minutes, or until golden.
Serve warm or cool, goes well with tea, or a beer!